Megan's Toffee Oatmeal Cookies

So today I decided to make some cookies for a friend and thought chocolate chip, but then remembered that my friend Megan sent me her favorite all-time cookie...so I thought why not try it and I hope I have all the ingredients at my finger tips! I didn't have enough toffee, but I just added more chocolate chips and no one seemed to mind. My 3rd child ate 3! (I thought is has a lot of oatmeal in it, it can't be that bad, right?) So here is her recipe and some pics to inspire you to try it too!!! Thanks Megan!

Megan's All Time Favorite Toffee Oatmeal Cookies:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits (sometimes hard to find, but look in the baking section and/or ask!) *I only had a cup so I added 2 cups of chocolate chips here...my dough needed some:)
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Beat butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; beat until blended.

2. Stir in oats, toffee bits with spoon. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto prepared sheet.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove to wire rack. About 4 dozen cookies

Seriously...don't these look so good!

Comments

Popular Posts