The BEST Lasagna

Everyone always asks me for this recipe, which I found somewhere online. I am a recipe hog so I am constantly looking for recipes...and sometime I don't remember where I got them. I think it is off of the Mueller's Lasagna Box. For the majority of my recipes I have to admit I tear them out of magazines and half of the magazines are from the doctor's offices...ooops! Anyways, here is a GREAT recipe which I keep on hand frozen...several at a time so when a friend has a baby I sign up for a meal and voila...lasagna without working up a sweat:) Follow directions and freeze before it tells you to bake. Tip: spray the foil with PAM SPRAY before you freeze it, that way when you bake it the cheese won't stick to the foil. And stock up on ground beef when it's on sale...that ways it costs about $5.00 for a whole lasagna...love this meal:) Enjoy!!!

Classic Lasagna
Serves 8
1 lb ground beef
3/4 cup chopped onions
2 Tbls olive oil
1 (1lb) can crushed tomatoes
2 (6ounce) cans tomato paste
2 cups water
1 Tbls chopped parsley (you can use fresh or dried)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp garlic powder (I use minced)
1/2 tsp black pepper (freshly ground is always best)
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
4 ounces Lasagna Noodles (secret: I NEVER buy the no boil ones and I never boil the ones I buy...just
                                               layer and bake, they never come out crunchy...save money and buy the normal 
                                               noodles:))
1 lb ricotta cheese (always double or triple this recipe so your ricotta cheese doesn't go to waste)
8 ounces shredded mozarella cheese (I always use a little more)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese

In a large heavy pan lightly brown beef and onion in oil
Add Tomatoes, paste, water, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic, pepper, and oregano;
In a 13x9x2 baking pan, spread about 1 cup sauce
Then alternate layers of lasagna, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese, ending with sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan. FREEZE (cover and label)
If no freezing bake at 350 for 40-50 mins until lightly browned and bubbling. Keep covered so your cheese doesn't burn. Uncover last 5-10 mins.
FROM FREEZER: Frozen bake at 350 for about an hour...

Bon Appetit!

Comments

Popular Posts