Celebrating Stella


As the holidays are approaching quickly, it reminds me of how many tables my mother has set and how many family and friends gathered around for Stella's home cooking. So many pictures of her kitchen table being set for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and for no special reason than to have friends and family over to eat, and make memories. My mother was always about making memories, enjoying life, and looking good doing it. We always had someone extra at the tables too...she always set an extra seat in case someone unexpected joined us. She had a gift of making everyone and anyone feel welcomed and a part of the group. I love that about her. She never judged, just opened her arms and invited you over for dinner. My sister is so much like her in that aspect and I love seeing that continue. That generosity. So I always have an extra plate set for my guests when I host and always welcome my friends who have no where to spend the holidays. I love you mom and the hospitable person you always were. You will always be the hostess with the mostess!


Comments

Popular Posts