Westerns





This girl is headed to Westerns today! I really should blog more about the strength and determination of all my kiddos. It is amazing to be a part of an athletic program in this day and age. Any parent of any sport can attest to the strength of their own children as athletes. This one, Athena, took off today at 5am to go and represent her Region #1 in the world of USA JO Gymnastics. I usually go on all her trips, sitting in the front row, so nervous yet so proud for my little girl to attempt something I would never even be brave to dream! You get me, all of you who are called "parent" in some capacity. The dreams we have for our own children and dreams of their own dreams coming true drive us to be supportive, both financially and emotionally. There is nothing this girl cannot face. I am so proud of her drive to be her very best in the midst of pain, injuries, happiness, sorrow, and joy. The ups and downs of any sport would make me a quitter...unlike my own children who just go bigger! Good luck to all the parents out there, whatever sport or activity your child dares to dream!

Comments

Popular Posts