July 1, 1967


I, Paul Dictos, take you Stella to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live. 
This is what he promised 46 years ago today in downtown Fresno at the Full Gospel Tabernacle. He promised to take care of her, wash her frail body when she no longer can. He promised to put her make-up on and wash her soiled clothes, and love her through it all. He promised to sleep besides her and constantly be aware of her well being all night, making sure she is alright. He promised to hold her when she couldn't hold herself anymore. He promised to feed her when she couldn't anymore. This is what my dad promised 46 years ago today, and I love him even more for being that man who kept his promise. Tonight you won't be going away for the weekend and you don't need sissy and I to go buy her a gift from Vonda's, or reservations, but you'll sit with her, hold her hand and tell her how much you love, even though she will not fully understand. Happy Anniversary to the man who shows us all what it means to be a husband.

Comments

Popular Posts