The Unicorn


Tonight my little baby girl Zoe was going to her very first Father~Daughter dance. Oh how she couldn't wait for this night. Her dad had a game to coach so he wasn't able to take her, but She found a willing suitor who not only accompanied her to the dance, but bought her a new dress and shoes for the evening.  Her dad sent her off with a matching bow and I let her borrow a very special necklace, the unicorn. It matched her green dress perfectly and acentuated her eyes. Oh how she sparkled. I remember that unicorn necklace wrapped around my mother's neck. She used to wear it often and I always admired it as a little girl. And as I put it on her tonight my eyes weld up in tears as I thought of my mom. Oh if she was well she'd be here with me right now helping Zoe get ready for her night out. Oh if only...as my sister came over to make it an even more special night she too recognized the necklace and teared up. Tonight may little girl went to the ball with my prince long ago and my hero, my mom. We all saw Stella tonight through our little girl with a big name meaning life. Zoe, bringing life to all of us, even mom.




Comments

Popular Posts