Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal

Clean Eating Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal
This recipe and image are from thegraciouspantry.com

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! One of the BIG changes in our house is breakfast! I am NOT buying that junky cereal! I will not! (Well maybe I will if I am ever tired of making breakfast or for a special treat!) But not right now! Our house consists of eggs, bagels (5 ingredient bread), paleo pumpkin muffins, and more. This one here is what I make Sunday night and eat throughout the week! That and my green smoothies, another post! But this here is my favorite way to eat Steel-Cut Oats...it's so delicious I don't even feel the need to add the honey! It says it's two servings, but I made this last for five days for me!
Enjoy!


CLEAN EATING LEMON BLUEBERRY OATMEAL

(Makes 2 servings)

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup steel-cut oats
  • 4 cups water
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • Honey to taste

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
  2. Add oats and lemon zest, and cover. Bring back to boil and reduce heat to simmer.
  3. When water is nearly cooked out, vigorously stir in the egg whites. Continue stirring until the egg whites are cooked. You’ll see them turn white.
  4. When oats are cooked, serve topped with fresh blueberries and agave or honey.
Nutritional Content:
(Data is for 1/2 the recipes – data does not include agave or honey)
Calories: 377
Total Fat: 6 gm
Saturated Fats: 1 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 112 mg
Carbohydrates: 63 gm
Dietary fiber: 10 gm
Sugars: 8 gm
Protein: 21 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 32

Comments

Popular Posts