I will dance with Cinderella...

There is something so precious about a father and daughter relationship that can never be replaced. I was so blessed to have one of the best fathers known to man and I always say my confidence comes from him. And to see my little Athena with her daddy in this picture makes me smile. She is so proud to be with him and I can only imagine how much she looks up to him for that affirmation that she is pretty and that she is the best.  I never had many admirers growing up, they always seemed to want to go out with my friends, but I always thought I was pretty. Why? Because when I left my house everyday my father always complimented me on how beautiful I was. He still tells me to this very day and I just melt. And I remember a story our pastor shared a few months ago about a girl going to therapy for looking for love in all the wrong places. Her father and her didn't have a good relationship and she sought out that relationship in other men. When the counselor asked what when wrong and when, the little girl who was now  in her 20's sitting on this couch with her father and mother trying to get through life's problems, said "it was my senior prom and my mom and I worked all day getting my nails done, my hair done, a new dress, my make up and I felt so pretty. I ran downstairs and asked my dad how do I look? What do you think? And he just kept his newspaper up in front of his face, never putting it down to see me. I was crushed and left that night with my date and I didn't feel so pretty and it all started. The father broke down in tears and apologized to her. He said he was so uncomfortable that he didn't know what to say, so he said nothing at all. The impact of a father is enormous. So as they went off to the Daddy/Daughter dance I knew Athena would remember it forever. They danced all night, he spun her around on that dance floor, took her to a nice dinner, and gave her a present. Fabulous date that one day someone else will have to live up to. I pray for her husband to be and I know that her daddy will be there for her just like my dad was and is today. Thank heavens for fathers, fathers who love, who give, who dance every dance, not wanting to miss one song. " 'Because all to soon, the clock will strike midnight, and she'll be gone..."

Comments

Popular Posts