Update and Chicken Strips

I have been busy creating in my kitchen since my last post! Don't worry all my friends, my kids are happy, healthy and enjoying lots of new tastes! They still get their Me-n-Eds pizza, occasional dose of sugar, and mama still bakes some fantastic sweets...even though they may be on the "PALEO" side! No one is being deprived and good yummy memories are happening still! Although, if you ask them half would definitely rather raid Titi's pantry over ours, but only half-I won some over! With all this REAL food cooking, I actually spend about 3-4 hours in my kitchen daily-and I LOVE it! It's a real eye-opener to see the world of food without grain, sugar and a whole lot of dairy. I have become passionate in this because of my family's history of Alzheimer's-of course-and will try anything I guess to keep my mind working a little longer-anything! I guess you could say it's my biggest fear in life; something I try not to dwell on, but it's definitely there in the back of my mind. So with that sob story, here is one of my family's favorite, CHICKEN STRIPS...this is soooo good, you really don't realize you are eating so well. I served this with oven roasted cauli-rice, which seriously my kids thought they were eating buttered rice! It's a miracle that cauli-rice!
And homemade Honey Mustard...it completes this dish!
This recipe is from Paleo Newbie
Ingredients
    Paleo Chicken Strips
  • 1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper
  • Honey Mustard Sauce
  • 5 tbs raw honey
  • 2 tbs Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375-degrees F
  2. Get a couple of sheets of parchment paper out
  3. On one piece of parchment, lay out the chicken strips and season both sides
  4. Line a cookie sheet with the other sheet of parchment paper, and set aside
  5. In a small bowl, whisk the egg
  6. In another bowl, combine the almond flour and the shredded coconut
  7. Take each piece of seasoned chicken, dip it in the egg, and then flour with the coconut mixture
  8. Make sure all the pieces are well coated
  9. Lay each piece on your parchment lined cookie sheet
  10. Once they are all coated, bake for 15-20 min
  11. Note: these will not brown up like fried chicken strips. I put mine under the broiler for a couple minutes for some color. You could also easily fry these in coconut oil instead of baking.
  12. While the chicken is cooking, make the honey mustard sauce
  13. In a small bowl whisk together the honey, mustard and apple cider vinegar - it's that easy!
  14. Super fast and delicious!!

This recipe is from The Clothes Make The Girl


Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Rice

Serves 2-4 | Prep 10  minutes | Cook 25 minutes | Whole30 approved
Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
3/4 teaspoon salt
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Cover a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Break the cauliflower into florets, removing the stems. Place the florets in the food processor bowl and pulse until the cauliflower looks like rice. This takes about 10 to 15 one-second pulses. You may need to do this in two batches to avoid overcrowding.
2. Place the cauliflower rice in a large bowl, add the melted coconut oil and salt. Toss with two wooden spoons until the rice is coated with the oil. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast until tender and beginning to get a few brown spots, about 25 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts