Sticky Chicken tonight

So I am trying a new recipe from our freezer cooking night (a night my friend and I took out of our busy schedules to cook meals...made 29 I believe). It's called Sticky Chicken and I got it from http://organizedhome.com/ So far I took out of freezer and stuck in oven for the next 5 hours...it says to baste chicken, but I am not getting any juices so far...so I have rubbed it down with butter (when in doubt reach for the butter) and some lemon juice to create my own juices. We shall see how it turns out. Here is the recipe in case this sounds good. I will keep you posted...

Sticky Chicken
8 tsp salt
4 tsp paprika
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp thyme
2 tsp white pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp black pepper
2 roasting chicken, large (make sure to purchase on sale...we got ours for .99 a pound!)
2 cups onion, chopped
2 lemons cut into quarters (we added this to add more flavor)

In a small bowlm thoroughly combine all spices. Remove giblets from chicken (GROSS!!!) clean cavity (real well...make sure you look inside and clean it...all) and pat dry with paper towels.
Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure you distribute evenly down deep into the skin. The original recipe says to FREEZE here, but my friend and I stuffed the chicken with onions, and lemons. We also squeezed some lemon all over the skin and then placed it in a freezer bag and put it away. When you are ready to cook it, take it out a day before then...
Roast uncovered at 250 for 5 hours in a shallow baking pan.
After the first hour, baste chicken every 30 mins with pan juices. The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of the pan and the chicken will turn golden brown. (I lined my pan with foil for easy clean-up)
Voila...finger licking good!

Here is my chicken right before I placed into the oven.

Comments

Popular Posts