Jonesy Stuffed Peppers

I have to say finally that this recipe is kinda mine. I took a recipe and made it my own adding my own ingredients and making it OH SO yummy. I usually always make other people's recipes, but here is one original Nina Jones recipe. Might I add it was delicious! I made my kids eat it too, they did, hesistantly, but they did. Anyways, enjoy...a great one to freeze...just double the cooking time when heating it back up. It seemed to take a longer time for the peppers to be hot all the way through.

Jonesy Stuffed Green Pepper
Ingredients:
3 lb ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 red pepper chopped fine (green one is fine as well)
2 cups cooked white rice
2 (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 can green chillies
1 can black beans
1 cup corn
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 tsp pepper
2 tbl oregano
2 tbl Greek Seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese (paremesan or mozzarella) or my favorite Feta
4 bell peppers (your choice, I used green)

Cook ground beef, drain fat, add taco seasoning. Cut the tops and clean out peppers (you do not have to keep the tops) Coat peppers in olive oil and roast upside down in over at 450 for 15 mins. Mix the reast of the ingredients into the cooked ground beef. Let the peppers cool enough so you can handle them. Fill the peppers with the mix and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15-20 mins-covered.

You can FREEZE after you top with shredded cheese, if using Feta, do not freeze...wait till you cook them to top with the cheese. I defrosted mine and then cooked for almost an hour as my peppers weren't defrosted all the way through when I cooked them. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts