Chicken Stuffed Peppers


For dinner tonight I found this recipe on pinterest. It called for cooked, chicken, bell pepper, cheddar cheese, rice, cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper, and onion. In my quest to sneak in Quinoa, I decided to make a substitution for the rice. I boiled 1 cup Quinoa and 2 cups Chicken Broth (added some butter so the kids wouldn't  be able to tell they were eating Quinoa) and cooked it for 15mins. The fluffed and added to the bell peppers. Mixed the two cooked chicken breasts, cup of mushroom soup, salt and pepper, and onion and cheese and mixed it all together. Filled the bell peppers added more cheese and 20 mins in the oven on 350 and voila! Served with steamed broccoli and apples and dinner was served! I think you could classify this as gluten free? No one tasted the difference, not even the hubs!
Happy dinners!

Comments

Popular Posts