Homemade Chocolate Frosting

I haven't posted in some time because I was still trying to re-couperate (don't think I spelled that right) after that Pinkalicious Party of mine! Clean-up was time consuming to say the least, but all worth it! Anyways, while making the girl's birthday cake for their actual birthday today, I stumbled across something that I found very interesting. I am sure you all know this already, but I forgot about it and thought I would bring it back to life. On the back of the Hershey's Cocoa Powder box there is a fabulous recipe for chocolate frosting. I don't even think I followed the exact recipe, but it turned out AMAZING!!! I would post a pic, but I made them at my sister's house (the cake and cupcakes). Maybe she'll send a photo. However, if you haven't made it in a while, please do and know you WILL lick the bowl! Enjoy!

"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING
Melt 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
stir in 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa.
Add 3 cups powdered sugar alternately with 1/3 cup milk and
1 teaspoon vanilla extract beating to spreading consistency.
About 2 cups frosting.

Comments

Unknown said…
This is the exact recipe I used and called it PMS cake. The FCS auction loved it last year. I think Ill make one tomorrow. :)

Popular Posts