Chicken Noodle Casserole

So I was at Savemart the other day and picked up on of their In Good Taste pamphlet they have out by the front door. In it I always can find some great quick recipes. And this time I found a few good ones.  It is originally called a Tuna Noodle Casserole, but besides my husband, my household aren't big fans of tuna, so I went with canned chicken.  I also used one can cream of chicken instead of 2 cream of mushroom soups. We will see how every likes this tonight.  I made it early sine we have T-ball Practice @ 5:15, Baseball game @ 5:45 and gymnastics @ 4:30. So this is a great dish to re-heat when we get home! Enjoy!

Chicken Noodle Casserole
3 tbsp. butter)
1 yellow pepper (chopped and seeded)
2 (10.75 oz) cans of Cream of Mushroom soup (or one chicken and one mushroom)
1 1/4 cups frozen peas and carrots (I got peas and corn)
2 cups shredded swiss cheese
2 (12oz) cans solid white chicken on water drained
1 (12oz) pkg of your favorite pasta cooked
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat 9x13-inch baking dish  with nonstick cooking spray. In skillet heat 1 tbsp melted butter. Add bell pepper; saute 5mins
2. Stir in soup, veggies, and pepper to taste; cook and stir until thickened,  Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in chicken and pasta. Spoon into dish. Bake covered, 35 mins.

3. Combine bread crumbs and 2 tbsp melted butter. Uncover and sprinkle buttered bread crumbs on casserole. Bake 5 mins more or until golden. Serve hot.

*I put mine in 2 square dishes and shared one with my sissy:) Enjoy!

Comments

Amy Morgenstern said…
Looks good! I think I may try this one for tomorrow's dinner.

Popular Posts