Super Quick Dinner & Super Yummy!!!

I love when I find a recipe that is super easy and super yummy! It makes my hubby happy and I feel powerful! HA! So I thought I would share this tid bit of power with you tonight. The recipe is found at Betty Crocker's site titled Ole 5 ways! I tried the first one, Burrito Grande . I tweaked it a bit since I didn't have any cumin, but you can put your favorite seasoning to make it more your own.

Burrito Grande:
1/2 lb bulk chorizo sausage or ground beef

1 can (15 oz) spicy chili beans, undrained
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas (I used 6 tortillas)
2 1/2 cups shredded taco-flavored cheese blend (10 oz)
1 cup Old El Paso® mild taco sauce (I used La Victoria Taco Sauce)
3/4 cup sour cream
Shredded lettuce, if desired (forgot to add this and it was still delicious!)

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. (I used a 9x13)
2. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage (used ground beef) over medium-high heat until well browned. Drain. Add chili beans (used spicy chili beans con carne) and cumin (added Six Pepper and Greek seasoning; mix well. *I ended up adding the spices on the end because I forgot to during the browning of the ground beef)
3. Place tortillas, overlapping, down one side of pan. Spoon sausage mixture down center of tortillas; sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Roll tortillas over sausage mixture to create 1 large burrito, seam side down. Spoon taco sauce over burrito; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.

4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. To serve, cut burrito into slices. Serve with sour cream.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 2, add chili beans and cumin, mix well and cook about 1 minute or until hot, stirring constantly. In step 3, do not spoon taco sauce or cheese over burrito. In step 4, bake 15 minutes, then add sauce and cheese over burrito and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer. Enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts