Yummy yummy chocolate chip cookies ever!!!
Okay, so I always like to post about an amazing cookie recipe I find here and there. And BOY oh BOY do I have a recipe for you today!!! I have made it twice already and I get the perfect chocolate chip cookie every time! No joke...they are amazing!!! I found it over at HowDoesShe? and she really has perfected the Chocolate Chip Cookie, and was SO nice to share!!! So go bake some cookies!!!
How Does She? Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here are the magic players:
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, melted (yes, I said MELTED)
1 Cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar (granulated)
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 Cups Milk chocolate chips
*You must use a scooper of sorts...that's what makes them look perfect!*
1. First, gather all of your bad boys together into one place.
2. Slap that butter into a microwave-safe bowl and start melting it.
3. While that butter is you can start to combine your dry ingredients into another bowl. Tip: When measuring flour, take a large, heaping cup full, then use a ruler or other straight edge to carefully skim off the top. Do NOT do the “tap tap tap down” thing as you’ll compact the flour instead of getting 1 cup of light fluffy goodness. Add to the flour the baking soda and salt. Whisk it together to combine.
4. Your butter should now be melted, so take it out of the microwave and be prepared to mix in the sugars. Tip: when measuring your brown sugar, you want to cram as much into that cup measurement as possible! Add the brown sugar and white sugar to the melted butter and beat until smooth.
5. Then add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Tip: When baking, it’s actually BETTER to use the artificial vanilla. When the real stuff get’s super heated (like, oh, 350 degrees or so) it actually loses some of it’s flavor! So feel free to be cheap here.
6. You only want to add about HALF of the chocolate chips now. Don’t be tempted to add all of them… trust me. Put aside 1/3 – 1/2 of the chocolate chips in a small bowl and mix the rest in with the dough. You’ll thank me in a minute… Tip: Milk chocolate chips taste the BEST, but if you find the cookies a little on the sweet side, substitute half of the chips with semi-sweet.
7. Tip: use a scoop to measure out balls which are uniform in size. This will prevent some from over-baking while others are undercooked. Okay, roll some dough to form a ball, then (ooh, you’ll love this) dip the top of the ball into the bowl of reserved chocolate chips. Then place a couple of inches apart on your baking sheet. This is what will give your cookies that “perfect” look. Stick them in a pre-heated 350 degree oven and bake for about 13 minutes. You want to remove them when the tops are just the tiniest bit shiny.
*I re-typed her words from her website, made it a little shorter, she had funny commentary!!!