Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe


Have you ever had the chocolate chip banana bread from Starbucks? Well this recipe was adapted from their normal banana walnut bread recipe, and let me tell you, it is DELICIOUS!!!! OMG so super duper yummy, I could eat the entire loaf...but that would just make me a pig and my kids would be upset I didn't share. Here is the recipe I found online when I looked up Starbucks Chocolate Chip banana bread. I added about two cups of chocolate chips, no walnuts, and baked for 40 mins, instead of the 55-60 mins they recommend.   Also, this recipe didn't tell me when to add the milk they listed, so I added when I added the eggs. And I used regular flour, not bread flour.



1 3/4 cups flour (bread flour is best)

2/3 cup sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup ripe banana, mashed (this is usually 2 or 3 bananas)
1/3 cup margarine
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
1 cup chopped walnuts, portions (divided into 2 (1/2 C.)
Directions:

1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt), stir together to combine. In another medium size bowl combine margarine and sugar, with a mixer cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in mashed bananas and eggs, and mix well. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix until the flour is just mixed in, then add in the remaining flour and 1/2 cup walnuts, blend together until everything is mixed together. Do not overstir.
2 Pour batter into a greased 8×4 inch loaf pan. Then top the batter with the remaining chopped walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire wrack.
3 While Starbucks does not make their banana bread with butter, I think this comes out more rich this way. I also like to add in a sprinkle or two of cinnamon and sugar into this, again, not in their recipe, it does add that little something extra.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/starbucks-banana-bread-387582?oc=linkback

SIDE NOTE: on previous post I stated my favorite thing this week was the pumice stone to clean my toilets. The one pictured was the closest thing I found online that resembled what I purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond. It is called the EarthStone Pure Clean Bathroom Stone Eco Cleaning Blocks found on amazon if you cannot find one at Bed Bath and Beyond. 

Comments

Popular Posts