Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Doctor Visit



Had to take mom to the doctor's office yesterday to have her skin checked, as it is getting very line and can easily tear and bleed. So a dear friend of mine got me into her husband's dermalogical practice in one phone call and we planned on attending by 9:30 am (which is early for Effie-caregiver-because mom usually is up and ready by 10:30) But she got her ready by 9:00, I dropped off all my children by 9 to their locations of educational practices. I quickly drove over to the house to find my mother and Effie a little frantic as the alarm was going off and all the power was obsolete. Apparently today was the day PG&E had a scheduled power outage. Mom needs her meds blended into orange juice in order to take them, so Effie did not know what she was going to do. In that moment I walked in, turned off alarm, grabbed hand blender, plugged in my power outlet into my car and was blending meds and orange juice in the drive way outside-problem solved. Off we went. Since we were going out into the world, mom was dressed in a skirt and matching top. We walked all together to the her doctors apt. and as we walked she said so eloquently in her Greek of course, "Do I look alright?". Ugh...tears..."Yes," I said, "you look beautiful!"

No comments: