It Was Only a Dream


I had a dream last night. It was such a beautiful dream. It started out with me doing my daily routine of getting ready, helping my kids (screaming, repeating, hurrying, you know the drill), and dropping them off at school. I usually will hit the gym right after that, but in my dream I went straight over to my mom and dad's. I parked in the garage like I normally do when I go over and enter the house through the garage. But this time when I entered the house, I didn't see mom sitting at the table, stone-like and lost. I didn't see her sitting on the couch listening to the Greek channel dad has purchased for her to feel like she's at home. No, today in my dream mom greeted me like she used to, with a broom in hand and a pep in her step. She was full of life and came right up to me and hugged me so tight it felt real. I looked at her in amazement wondering what miracle has just happened in our lives and how come dad didn't call me to share the good news that mom was back! That she was Stella. That she was okay! I looked at her and she looked at me and she asked me when we were going to the mall to walk up down and look through all the deals and have some See's Candy while we were there, drinking our coffee. I asked her how she felt and she said great, never better! Effie was still at the house, she was working in the backyard and mom said we couldn't let her go because she felt better, so she's helping her around the house, even though she doesn't need any help. Sadly, I woke up before we could go to the mall and before she could play with the kids. Sadly, I started my day as I normally do and I went to see mom who was sitting at the table, stone-like and lost slowly eating her breakfast. It was only a dream, but it felt so real and I so missed my mom even more today than I normally do. It was only a dream.

Comments

Popular Posts